Tuesday, August 24, 2010

Aaron Freeman 1985-2010



Knowing Someone Your Whole Life Practically, and sharing so much.
School Teachers, Homework, laughs, hates, conversations, pain and everything else you go through as you grow up. Aaron Freeman was one of the absolute funniest kids I know.
A Tragic End to such a short 25 year old life.
Im going to be totally honest. Other than the last year or so, I haven't spoken to him, Ive had passing thoughts like " I wonder what happened to Aaron over the years" Not knowing he had cancer, not knowing the things that he went through through those years of non-contact. Then all of the sudden, Pop! There he is at 3 am in in a facebook chat going, talking for hours catching up on lost time. WE we rent really "The best of friends" growing up, but we REALLY REALLY knew each other. I mean how can you go through almost 12 years of school NOT knowing someone. We spent almost all 7 yrs of elementary school in the same class.

None of that matters. My heart is still broken. For a life that was taken WAY to early, I had a 3 am conversation with him on Saturday morning, the morning of the day he died. Just a passing of Hey How are you why aren't you sleeping you freak kind of a conversation, It lasted not 5 minutes. But it will be the conversation I hold in my heart for the rest of my life.
Aaron,
Your Quirk and Crudeness, and Hilarity and uniqueness will be forever in my heart, and the hearts of everyone who had the privileged to know you. Your Strength and endurance of all things was admirable and something people look up to.
I will never be able to look at anything Beavis and Butthead without thinking of you. You will be missed my friend, but we WILL meet again.
With sadness I say goodbye,
Kat. :)

1 comment:

  1. Sorry to hear of your loss. Never really realize how short, and precious life is until we get reminders like these. How amazing for you to be able to speak and have that last contact. Beau lost a close friend recently and wishes he would of had that last connection. His family is in our prayers.

    ReplyDelete