Tuesday, July 20, 2010

Prayer of the Walking Child.


"Wherever your family tree has its roots — early Utah or around the world — the pioneering spirit is everyone’s heritage."

This week Utah has been celebrating the Days of '47. IT always makes me so grateful for what I have. for what the early saints have done for me.
I'm always in Awe at what those Pioneers went through, for one purpose. To get to Zion. I keep thinking about my early family history, One of my Ancestors at the time she was 14. her mother and Father died of consumption in the beginning of their trek , She had 5 little brothers and sisters including a brand new baby brother who was born right before they were chased out of Nauvoo. When her parents died she pulled herself up after burying them somewhere along the way. She took her baby brother in her arms and walked them to Utah, It was just her, and her baby siblings, She's the reason they made it.
It makes me think if i would be willing or capable to do something like that? Would I die right there with my parents, Maybe not in body, but in spirit? Would I be brave enough to get my brothers and sisters across those great plains, to somewhere I wasnt sure exactly of?
Would I trust in the Lord enough to be okay with that? Im not exactly sure what I would or COULD do. Im so grateful that i was saved to be born in this time. I realize that I need to be MORE Grateful for what I have been given. for the Love that I have in my heart for those pioneers. and for the Love I have in my heart for my children, So that i can be a witness to them of the "faith in every footstep" that was taken for them, and for me.
The lyrics that's I copied below is a song from Dave Tinney. Its about praying and having the faith to make it that extra mile, The faith of knowing that
"if sleep still keeps me
Father in your arms please carry me home"
Okay, Now i made myself bawl.. Read the Lyrics and try to be more grateful for the sacrifices in your life. I know i'm trying to be grateful for mine.
With all the Love,
Kat


Prayer of the Walking Child
Dave Tinney

Father
Can you hear me
Will you listen to me for a while
Please, can you make the day warm
The sun will dry the dewy grass
And all will be well

And Father
Make my steps a little larger
I’ll try not to fall behind
Also bless my shoes
To help them last another mile or so

Father
I’m so hungry
I’ve had nothing to eat for a while
Please, can you fill our grain barrel
Mother can make a flour cake
And all will be well

But Father
When the food is gone, forgive me
I’ll try hard not to complain
Also, bless my mother
Dry her tears and help her smile again

Father
I’m so weary
Can I stop and rest here for a while
Please keep the cold from blowing
Bring on the night, so I can dream
And all will be well

But Father
If I sleep too long, forgive me
Wake me up, don’t leave me behind
But, if sleep still keeps me
Father in your arms please carry me home

And all will be well
All will be well
All is well

No comments:

Post a Comment