Friday, July 30, 2010

Bad Parent award??





I THINK NOT!! BAD ASS PARENT Award more like it!!

I realize some of you might not agree with this, But Guess what?
I'm the mama, so when it comes to my kids I get the final say!
On Pioneer day, we decided to start a new Erickson family "tradition"
We decided to take our kids, and Grandpa and Auntie Bina and Uncle Dave Shooting.
It was Xander and Eliza's first time, (Xander went when he was in my belly) but he doesnt remember that ;)! SO, we packed up all the guns, (not all of them because there are alot) but quite a few guns, stopped at Wally World for some Ammo and Clay pigeons, Packed up some old canned fruit and headed to Utah LAke, There is this section on the west side of the lake that is all dirt, and no people (except for those who also went shooting) in sight. Pretty sure that my kids LOVED it! Xander was nervous at first but once he saw little sister with a revolver in his hand he was all over it!
I firmly believe in Well-educated, Well-adjusted Children.. Now before you jump down my throat, i realize well-educated people still have accidents. But I believe that If you teach your kids Fire-arm safety, chances are they wont be injured. Because they know, A- never play(with) or touch a gun unless a parent is around. and B- Wont be curious about this "Shiny" toy and not realize how dangerous and Deadly they can be, because they will know. B we also teach them that People Kill, Not guns.
At home we keep the guns unloaded and locked in cases with trigger locks and keep the ammo in a seperate un touchable place. My kids will NEVER find a gun lying around my house because I am smarter than that. In the same breath, my kids now know, and will continue to be taught that guns are NOT toys, They are dangerous and in the wrong hands can be very VERY deadly. Im proud of the fact that my children have been taught and will continue to be taught Fire-Arm safety.. So here are some pictures of our day in the desert!

No comments:

Post a Comment